Emblematic Volkswagen vehicle, the coupé Corrado was produced from 1988, in the Karmann factories of Osnabrück. As a sporting coupé 2+2, it claims to be a showcase for the brand. Its frame is inspired by the one of the Golf 2 (then of the Golf 3), coupled with the rear end of the Passat 3. In total, no less than five versions are available:
- The Corrado 115, the most sober version proposed from 1993 and equipped with a 2.0l of 115hp.
- The Corrado 16S, with 16 valves, produced from 1989, with a 1.8l engine, and then a 2.0l of 136hp.
- The Corrado G60, equipped with an engine block 1.8L, 8 volumetric compressor valves G60, with 160hp.
- The Corrado SLC, only commercialized across the Atlantic and equipped with a big 2.8l of 174hp.
- The Corrado VR6, produced between 1992 and 1995, it is the most powerful version, equipped with the 1.9l 12 valves of 190hp.
With less than 100 000 sold copies in 7 years of commercialization, the VW Corrado is even though an exceptional model which is difficult to find in (good) original condition nowadays.