This page enables you to learn more about the origin and use of the browsing information processed when you view our website, and to understand your rights.. It is therefore important both for you, in order to have a positive and trusting experience of our services, and for us, to accurately and fully answer your questions about your visit to our website and to take your needs into account.
While browsing our website, you are required to provide us with personal data. We thank you for your trust and would like to inform you here about the use of your data and your rights.
MECATECHNIC SAS may collect personal data from its customers, particularly when browsing our website, creating an account, registering for newsletters, creating a shopping cart, chatting with an advisor, validating an order, leaving an opinion on the website, answering an opinion or satisfaction survey, or sending email via the contact form.
The personal data that can be collected are as follows:
- Full name,
- Mailing address,
- E-mail address,
- Phone number,
- IP address and browser type to enhance your user experience,
- Vehicle identification information to give you the best advice.
MECATECHNIC SAS may contact its customers by email or text message in order to ask for their opinions and suggestions about the service or the utilisation of an ordered article.
The processing of personal data on our website has been declared to the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés under number 1927445.
The collection of these data has the following purposes:
- Proper implementation of the order, including billing and delivery of your products
- Customer relationship monitoring
- The sending of Newsletters and promotional offers when you have given your explicit consent for this type of mailing
- Analysis and statistical studies to offer you the best service
The personal data of our customers are kept for the duration of the contract and for the purposes mentioned above. This information is then archived and may be opposed to by the customer at their request by contacting customer service or by sending us an email via the Contact form.
In accordance with Simplified Standard 57, phone calls may be recorded. These recordings are made for the purpose of training, evaluating employees and continuously improving the quality of the service.
They are kept for a maximum of 3 months and are stored securely. Only authorized persons, within the limits of their respective functions, have access to them.
Customers and prospects have the option to refuse the call being recorded., by simple mention to the account manager at the beginning of communication.
If you are a registered user and upload pictures to your customer account or this website, we guarantee the cancellation of the EXIF data of your pictures. Other users of our website will not be able to extract the personal data concerned by these pictures.
Nevertheless, we advise you to avoid posting images of vehicles showing distinctive signs that could enable them to be identified, such as vehicle number plates.
After confirmation of a review left on our website, an answer to an opinion poll or a satisfaction survey, your profile picture will be visible to the public next to your comment.
We are the initial recipients of your personal data collected on our website, which are used to process your orders and for the management of customer relations. Other recipients of your personal data include, where appropriate, our payment methods providers or payment security, our delivery service and our business partners. In the case where this is required by law, your consent is collected or a possibility of refusal is arranged before any data transmission.
Some of our service providers are located outside the European Union. All necessary measures have been taken to ensure the security of your personal data, in accordance with the obligations in this area.
If you choose to subscribe to buyer protection, personal data about you will be sent to Trusted Shops. You will find more details in the policy of Trusted Shops Buyer Protection.
Our customers have the right to access, rectify and delete their personal data. They can also cancel their consent to previously granted permission at any time.
The exercise of this right can be done in the following ways:
- By email through our Contact form
- By phone by contacting our customer service
- By mail to the following address: MECATECHNIC - Customer Service, 6 allée Saint Eloi, 59118 WAMBRECHIES
- to compile statistics and volumes of frequency and use of the various elements that make up our website (headings and content visited, user pathways), allowing us to improve the interest and the ergonomics of our services
- to adapt the presentation of our website to the viewing preferences on your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our website, depending on the equipment and viewing software installed on it
- to memorize information relating to a form that you have filled in on our website (registration or access to your account) or products, services or information you have chosen on our website (contents of a shopping cart, etc.)
- to allow you to access the reserved and personal spaces of our website, such as your customer area, thanks to identifiers or data that you have previously confided to us
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to sign in again to a content or service after a certain amount of time.
- to count the number of displays and activations of the advertising contents distributed via our advertising spaces or on third-party websites / applications to identify the adverts thus displayed, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement, enabling them to calculate the sums due as a result and to establish statistics
- to recognize your device during subsequent browsing on any other website or service on which these advertisers or third parties also have cookies and, where appropriate, to adapt these websites and third-party services or the advertisements they disseminate to any browsing on your device of which they may be aware.
Most cookies are intended to allow or facilitate your navigation and are necessary for the operation of our online store.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail marketing, you can let us know by any means at any time:
- click on the unsubscribe link in each email
- send an email to the Contact form.
- in 'My account' or in the customer area, go to the 'Subscriptions' heading and untick the corresponding boxes
To improve your shopping experience and for certain types of payment, we suggest that you memorize your bank details so that you do not have to enter them for each new order.
Your bank details (card number, expiry date, holder's name) are stored only if you have given your prior consent. We will never memorize the visual cryptogram on the back of your credit card.
In any case, you can, at any time, let us know that you no longer want your banking data to be stored by sending a message via the Contact form. Your banking data will then be erased from our databases and those of our banking partners.
Revised version of 05/11/2018