Parts for Porsche
Founded in 1931, the car company of Stuttgart holds the name of its founder, Ferdinand Porsche. The first car imagined by Porsche was an hybrid car, equipped with electric wheel hub. Designed in the early 20th century, while he did not create his company yet and he worked for the Lohner, the Lohner-Porsche caused a sensation at the Universal Exposition of Paris in 1900 but he was never commercialized. The Dr. Porsche worked for the firm Austro-Daimler, from 1918 to 1923, then for DMG until 1926 on different racing cars. Between 1922 and 1929, Ferdinand Porsche was busy in the consortium Benz-DMG (Mercedes-Benz) and directed the design of the famous SS and SSK. Porsche established its own company and its mechanical design office worked all-out. The first model which was really developed by the firm only arrived after the Second World War, in 1948. It was the 356, developed on the base of a VW Beetle, designed itself by Ferdinand Porsche in 1938. In 1951, further to the death of the founder, the son of Ferdinand Porsche, Ferry, took over the company. The first draft of the famous Porsche 911 arrived in 1959, the definitive model was made official 4 years later during the Frankfurt Motor Show. Equipped with a 6-cylinder of 2.0l in rear position, the developed model was a success and continue nowadays. Today, Porsche belongs to the Volkswagen group, of which it is the 10th car brand and counts on around ten different models, plus many other versions of the famous 911.